I guess snowmobiles are like a lot of things,
They come in all sort of different styles, makes, and models,
They are seasonal,
Their sale price may vary depending on their location and the time of year.
I live in Northern Indiana. I'm a couple of hours south of the state of Michigan. But I'm far enough south of Michigan that when my area gets a few inches of snow, Michigan may get double or triple that amount.
Snowmobiling is big in Michigan. I once did a quick internet search and found a lot of places where you can get a package deal on renting a snowmobile and a room for the night. Michigan has snowmobile trails everywhere, and you can trail ride all day. Last year, several of my friends went to Michigan snowmobiling. They loved it. They returned and gushed about their experience on the trails. They can’t wait to return.
I have a uncle and cousin that goes snowmobiling in Michigan a lot. One time, my uncle decided to check out a snowmobile auction. He noticed right away, that the selling price of snowmobiles in Michigan were a lot higher than in Indiana. So he started purchasing used snowmobiles in Indiana, and taking them to the auction in Michigan. If they needed minor repairs, he would fix them up. If not, he would take them to Michigan anyway. He mentioned to me once that even junk snowmobiles would bring a premium price in the Michigan auction. The auction in Michigan is held once a month. My uncle looks locally for snowmobiles to resale. He usually finds a couple of bargains every month. And he makes a nice profit every month.
My uncle has found a niche and filled it with some creative thinking. He’s found a way to take a weekend trip, have fun, and make some money too. He's turned it into a nice steady income. Buy low and sell high. What he's doing isn't that difficult either. With a little creativity, what can you come up with? Read my article on cattle and stocks about another buy low, sell high idea....