I am a student of AWAI.
If you are even thinking about writing
or starting a business,
you are probably familiar with them.
They are a premier website for writers.
The founder and senior editor of AWAI is Michael Masterson.
Excellent writer, teacher, and businessman.
He's a multi-millionaire.
One of the few people in the world today with a midas touch.
Everything he does or touches makes money.
I read the dispaches from him regularly, and I've picked up
a lot of tips, tricks, and tidbits on writing and business that have helped me alot.
I can't say enough good about the guy.
He knows his stuff, and is willing to share his knowledge.
If you are not familiar with AWAI,
I suggest you run immediately to "Early to Rise", and subscribe.
You'll be glad you did.
And I guarantee you'll learn something.
Reading "Early to Rise"
should be a manditory prerequesite
before looking for a part-time job.
Michael Masterson reciently wrote an article about death.
He said the one thing worse than death is watching
family or friends who are seriously sick or dying
and being unable to do anything about it.
I agree, there is nothing worse than watching helplessly as a family
member slowly dies from a lingering diease.
He added, death is like a thief,
it robs you of the time you need
to accomplish the goals you have planned,
and have yet to accomplish.
I would like to add, not just your goals, (maybe this is one),
but being robbed of the time it takes for
your children grow up and get out on their own.
I can't imagine anything worse than a parent having to bury a child.
He then states that working on your personal relationships should be a top priority,
and then gives you 4 steps you should take to live your life fully and purposefully.
1. Take15 minutes and think about your mortality. then
2. Imagine your own funeral.
Picture four people who are speaking about you.
One is your spouse. Next is a child or parent.
Then a friend. And the fourth is someone you work with.
Imagine what they would say about you if you died tomorrow.
Be honest with yourself.
3. If there is a difference between what you think those four people
would say about you and what you'd like them to say,
you've got some work to do.
Turn what you'd like them to say about you into one of your primary goals.
It may mean changing your lifestyle, or habits.
I guarantee you'll suprise them with your lifestyle changes,
and you may even get asked about what has happened to you.
4. Make a commitment to respect the time you have.
That means getting motivated.
Get the most important things in your life done, instead of putting them off.
I like Michael, and read all his stuff.
But as I read this email, I couldn't help but think, he left the most important thing out.
GOD.
Its christmas as I write this,
and I wanted to stop for a moment from writing about part-time jobs.
To remember that God is the one who makes it all possible.
The one responsible for all the blessings in our lives.
Michael has never mentioned god.
The most important person we need in our lives.
If you take the time to get to know God,
you will experience a life-changing event.
I guarantee it.