I looked into dropshipping on Ebay a few years ago. I took my time, and did my research. I wanted to find the right distributor and a true wholesaler, not a middleman. I finally decided on a seafood wholesale distributor.
Based on the east coast, they shipped seafood all over the U.S.. They offered a good price, and low shipping costs. When you placed a order, you stated where you wanted the item shipped, and who you wanted it shipped to. I signed up, and listed some shrimp on Ebay.
Pretty simple.
I received a couple of bids, and was going to make a few bucks. So after the auction ended, I went to the web site, and was going to place the order for the shrimp.
Guess What?
The shrimp I had just sold at auction was no longer listed as available.
Panic set in.
I got on the phone, and called the east coast supplier. Suprisingly, he answered the phone. He agreed to replace the shrimp that was listed with a different shrimp now available. I then sent a email to the customer stating that the shrimp he had just won by auction was no longer available. The auction winner agreed to take the substitute shrimp.
Whew!
I breathed a sigh of relief, placed a order, and shipped the new shrimp out. The auction winner lived in Minnesota, and received the shrimp the next day.
He was happy with what he received.
I realized I didn’t need the stress, and decided to end my dropshipping business.