I was in another city the other day walking down the street,
I walked past a doctors office, when a car parked outside caught my eye.
It had "Non Emergency Medical Transport" on the side of it.
I stopped and walked back and spoke to the driver who was standing outside the office door.
I was curious, where were they based out of?
The guy replied they were from a town about 30 minutes away.
Any special permits or requirements? No. Just a chauffeurs license.
Do you charge by the mile? No, its by the hour.
I bet you work off and on, whenever someone calls you up.
No, he answered he worked 5 days a week.
Wow.
I reasoned that you would need a van with a wheelchair lift.
But beyond that this would be a simple business to start up and run.
I am going to pursue this further.
Check in the local yellow pages for current listings.
This guy is about a hour from our town.
Anyone locally doing this?
Could I undercut their price?
Can a van be rented to start out?
I'm going to call the business in the other town.
What do they charge per hour?
Do they accept Medicare?
Go to the medicare website,
how much trouble would it be in filing medicare paperwork?
I have a business license.
Any study involved in getting a chauffeurs license?
It seems to me this is a pretty simple business to start,
simple to run,
My wife commented that sometimes mediare will cover
the transportation costs to a doctors office.
This is where I come in.
Saving a family headache, hassle, and time.
Its possible this could be a niche that needs to be filled locally,
and I could fill it easily.
I don't think it would take much to jump
from a part time job to full time work and income.......