Friday, December 31, 2010

Sell on Ebay

Back when Harry Potter first came out,
a friend in the factory asked if I had checked out the scratch and dent store in town. No, I replied, I hadn't been there yet.
He said that he had spied some Harry Potter playing cards in the store, and purchased a deck. He listed them on Ebay, and had made a lot of money on them. He then stated that he had gone back to the store to buy more playing card decks, but they were sold out of them.

The next time I was in town, I stopped in the store to look around. I spotted a bin full of Harry Potter Candles. I purchased the whole bin at one dollar a candle. I also spotted a bin filled with Harry Potter Cookie Cutters. Some cookie cutters were priced at 25 cents and some were priced at one dollar. I searched for the store manager. I said that if he would price them all for a quarter, I would purchase them. His one word answer was, "Sell'em".

I noticed the store had quite a mixture of items for sale. Talking to a stock boy, he stated that they were a clearing house for overstocked items for a corporation. Whatever doesn't sell in any of our stores, it ends up here at a discounted price.

My Ebay auctions were a success. People went nuts over the candles. I even shipped one to Japan. I started each auction a $1.99. I figured I would at least double my money. Most sold for 5 to 7 dollars, with one auction reaching a high bid of 13 dollars. Unbelievable.

My Cookie Cutters were a success too. Recently I looked on Ebay at the Harry Potter Cookie Cutter auctions. I still have a few left. Cookie Cutters are still selling at 4-5 dollars each!

Whenever you go into a department store, do you checkout the discontinued item bin or rack? How about the discounted price isle. I always stop or at least give them a passing glance.

You never know.....




Free Stuff For Baby! - Free Diapers, Baby Wipes, Baby Formula, and Much Much More at FreeStuff4Baby.com!