My ex-wife wanted a dog. She had a friend who had some Maltese pups, and she wanted one. I thought, if we have to get a dog, might as well get a female, and breed her. The cost of the female dog was $500.00. I figured if she had even one litter a year, we could make a couple of thousand dollars.
Of course we had to wait till the dog was at least one year old. Ex agreed to breed the dog, so I did my homework, and read everything I could find on Maltese breeding. The pup was fun, but unfortunately, our Maltese died after about 9 months, so she was never bred.
I currently have a female Shih-tzu.
She’s been fixed, although breeding her did occur to me.
I had a cousin that was a breeder of Shih-tzu pups, and was making $10,000 dollars a year with 2 females, and 1 male.
If you do consider raising pups, cats, or any other animal, do it for the love of the animal. Also get some books and educate yourself about breeding. It involves a lot….