Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Credit Card Freebees

A friend in the factory came by the other day, and said he was going on vacation. Where to? I asked. He replied that he was taking a free cruise. What do you mean free? I asked. He stated that he makes all his household purchases on a credit card. This builds up points. This year he has enough points to take a free cruise. He added, that this would be the third year he would be able to take a cruise for free.

While in the post office a while back, a man came in and asked the post master, do you see my new car? Yes, she replied, It looks nice. After he left, I asked the post master, what was the big deal about a new car? She replied that the car was free. WHAT?!! A free car?!! How is that possible? I asked. She then stated that the man purchases everything on his credit card and builds up points. He gets enough points to get a free car every 3-4 years. She added that the man was a contractor, and probably purchased everything for his business on the card too.

    Does a free cruise sound nice? You'll still have to pay for the airfare. I'm not sure which card gives points for a free cruise, or a free car, but a little bit of Internet searching should give you the answer. Of course, be sure to pay all card debt off every month. Bon Voyage!