I work with a guy, who came up to me the other day, and said that he had started a part-time job delivering newspapers. I frowned, and said that when I was a kid, I delivered papers for $10.00 a week. How do you expect to make money with newspapers? He said things have changed. You no longer have to collect the weekly dues. The pay is much better, so much so that carriers are fighting over the big routes when they open up. (which is seldom). Why do you want a bigger route? I asked. He said that the bigger routes pay great! He said he's considering quitting the factory, and delivering papers full time. He said he managed to get his wife a part-time route too.
I have to admit, I would have never considered delivering newspapers. Years ago, I did call about delivering one of those free weekly ad papers. You had to pick up the ad paper on Tuesday, and have it delivered by 5:00 p.m. Thursday. I figured I could deliver the paper in my spare time. Two days was a lot of time to get it done. However, the route had already been taken when I called, but they said they would put me on a list, and call if anything opened up. (they never called,)
Ever consider becoming a delivery person?