They have vending machines that reward smiles and mental agility with free treats.
You know, smile at the camera in the machine, and get a freebie.
(the vending machine computer reads if you are smiling or frowning, and how big your smile is.)
If your smile isn't big enough, no treat.
But here's something new. While surfing the web, I came across a article that tells about a vending machine in California that’s pedal-powered.
A California beverage called "Activate" has set up a unit that rewards consumers with free drinks for the time they spend pedaling an attached bicycle.
Activate sells a line of vitamin water packaged in twist-and-release bottles. As a promotion, the company has installed a pedal-powered vending machine at a Los Angeles shopping center. Not only does every 30 seconds of pedaling earn participants a free bottle of Activate, but the company has also partnered with Nourish America to donate the retail value of all the drinks handed out to support nutrition for pregnant women.
I always enjoy reading about new ways of vending, and it’s hard to imagine one more appropriate for a fitness-oriented brand than one that uses pedal power. (except maybe hooking it up to a treadmill)
Its a great way to promote the product, and to get people to try it that other wise wouldn't.
But I wonder, if I got on the bicycle and pedaled for a hour, would I wipe the machine out?
Website: www.activatedrinks.com