My wife and I spend a hour or two every day working or surfing on the Internet. She regularly scans Craigslist for bargains. We've purchased furniture, and also sold many items on craigslist. Setting up a account is very easy too.
I recommend including a picture, when putting a item for sale.
Planning a garage sale? Post a free listing.
I kind of have the attitude that any large item I have for sale, I will put on craigslist. Small items, easy to ship I put on eBay. Craigslist is free to list and sell, while ebay charges a commission. If I have a item to sell that is priced over 10 dollars, I routinely start with Craigslist regardless of size.
I write part-time, and also scan the writing jobs to see whats available. I have received a couple of part-time free-lance jobs off craigslist. If you're looking for work, craigslist has a very large job listing. If you have a service you can provide, craigslist offers a service listing too.
The job list changes daily, so be sure to check back on a regular basis.
The best thing about Craigslist? It's Free!