With Easter coming up, I came across a article about a farm in Michigan that is renting out chicks for the holiday. For a payment of 50.00, you can get a pair of chicks to take home for 14 days, along with a pen, bedding and two weeks' worth of feed. When the chicks are returned at the end of the rental period, renters get a dozen eggs. I suppose there is some sort of agreement if the chicks die.
This sounds like a great idea, Parents,who are considering a pet rabbit, or chick can get a rental for the kids. After 2 weeks, the newness will have worn off, and you can return the animals. Parents will like the less stress, and commitment-free arrangement. While the article didn't say, I sure if you desired, the farm would sell the pets to you.
Along this same line, many ranches will rent you a horse for a day. Allowing you to go horseback riding for a afternoon. You can also receive horse riding lessons. I have horses, and have considered this. I've also considered renting out my stalls. Many people have horses, but don't live on a farm. You can get a minimum of $100.00 per stall. Not a great money maker, but something that will help offset your costs.
I work with a guy who rents a bull to breed his cows. I asked him about buying the bull, and he replied that its a lot cheaper to rent one. He keeps the bull on his property, and pays rent year round.
Do you have equipment, or a animal you could lease for a day or two? or board animals?